Home News CHR commends Ganduje for releasing N50m for Routine Immunisation

CHR commends Ganduje for releasing N50m for Routine Immunisation

by Muhammad Sani
0 comment

By Ndidi Chukwu

The Community Health and Research Initiative (CHR), has commended Kano state Governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje for the release of additional N50m to the state’s Routine Immunization basket fund.

Our correspondent reports that with the release, the state government has so far put N100 million for its immunization activities out of N250m it is expected to contribute this year, as part of the counterpart funding agreement in the Memorandum of Understanding signed with Bill and Melinda Gates and Dangote Foundations.

Health Reporters reports that the MoU targeted at helping the state in final lap of polio eradication and increased coverage for immunization.

The release covers only 40 per cent of the RI funding commitment made by the state in January and is expected to release the remaining funds of N150m which is about 60 per cent of the funds to be released before the end of 2016.

Our correspondent has gathered from a reliable source that, the release was made this week ahead of the forthcoming Mid-term review and governors of the six northern states that signed the MoU last January in Kaduna.

The governors have pledged to release all their funds before the Mid-term review.

The governors will speak via a video conference with Mr. Gates, Mr. Dangote and US Ambassador as well as NPHCDA Executive Director, Dr. Ado Muhammad, where they are expected to make presentations on progress made in their respective states between Mr. Bill Gates, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

About Us

Feature Posts


@2024 – Health Reporters